Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Wisdom and Foolishness

I was flipping through my quote book to see what I should post here today and found too many good ones to choose from. The following quote jumped out at me first, though. It's from "The Tale of the Foolish Weaver," which is part of The Arabian Nights (adapted by Jack Zipes):

"Not every wise man is saved by his wisdom...nor is every fool lost by his folly."

To me that means that smarts aren't everything and just because one might make a silly mistake or something doesn't mean that all is lost. That's something I definitely need to remember, especially working with kids. I'm constantly reminded that I don't know everything and I'm constantly needing to practice forgiveness. I wouldn't change it for the world, however. The kids I work with are the best, even when they might be at their worst.

Hope you all are having a great day!

Juli

No comments: