Wednesday, September 15, 2004

In the Words of Ann Rice

Long ago (okay, about 10 years ago) I was very into Anne Rice's books. The first I ever read was Interview with the Vampire, which is where today's quote comes from. The character Marius says:

"Civilizations rise and fall, my friend...Old gods give way to new ones."

This rings so true in this day and age as we see constant changes, even on a daily basis, to the balance of power in this world. One thing remains true and sure, however, and that is the love of God, our Heavenly Father. Even when it seems like everything is falling apart, God is always there loving us and taking care of us. I have a great deal of things I am thankful for today. So many answered prayers. I am just in awe of what an awesome Heavenly Father we have.

Hope your day is going well too.

Cheers!

No comments: