Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Dante's Inferno

As the title to tonight's post reveals, this quote comes from Dante's Inferno, Canto XV line 55 (I think).

"If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a spendid harbor."

This reminds me of an elderly lady I used to know about 12 years ago now. Her name was Irene and she was almost like a grandma to me. I worked at a pharmacy at the time and delivered perscriptions to her. When I quit my job to attend college in another state, she gave me a special gift and told me to reach for the stars.

Sadly, she is no longer with alive. I miss her and still think about her from time to time. I took her advice, reached for the stars and followed my hearts desire, career wise. I'm in the perfect place right now. God has brough me here. With his help and Irene's advice, I have definitely reached a splendid harbor. Can't wait to see what's in store for me in the future.

Juli

No comments: