Saturday, November 13, 2004

Time really flies

Wow, I thought it had only been a couple of days since I last posted. Instead it's been an entire week. Where has the time gone? Oh wait, it went to work, Bible Study, choir practice, and a Mary Kay holiday sale. I'm surprised I got any hits this week with my lack of updating. I'm going to have to get more commited to updating this or you all will stop coming here.

Anyway, speaking of choir practice, we are doing an excerpt from Handel's Messiah. It's the "For unto us a child is born" part. I love listening to Handel's Messiah. It's one of my favorite things about Christmas and makes me think of the following Bible verse:

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians1:6

Lately God has changed a lot about my attitude lately, especially at work. I mean I've really been humbled lately and am seeing the kids I work with in a whole new light. I'm definitely at a point where God can use me to work in the lives of the kids I work with. In other words, He has begun a good work in me and who knows where it will end.

What does all this have to do with Handel's Messiah you ask? Well, my parents met for the first time while singing with a choir in a performance of this magnificent piece of music. It causes me to wonder, what would have happened if for some reason or other Handel had never written The Messiah. Would my parents still have met? Probably, but still...

If there hadn't been The Messiah, would there be a Juli? If no Juli, who would be the one working with these kids today and how would they turn out?

The point is, The Messiah was composed, there is a me, and I can't wait to see how God perfects the work he began in me until the day of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, we did that piece when I was a sophomore in high school - almost 20 years ago - and I still remember the alto line. What a trip. And not an easy one, either. Good luck on all y'all!