Monday, November 01, 2004

Here's a Good One

In looking through my quote books tonight, I came across a quote from the book The Paradise War by Stephen R. Lawhead. (I think I've quoted this book before) It seemed to sum up the whole upcoming election for me:

"Nothing is assured...Nothing ever stays the same."

No matter who gets elected president tomorrow, there will still be changes in this country. New mayors will be elected, new councilmembers and senators will be elected. New propositions and ballot measure will pass, or fail. Either way, life as we know it will change tomorrow.

Isn't that the case every day, though? The only thing certain in life is change. We can either fear it or embrace it. If you're a control freak like me, you probably fear change. Really though, change can be good. You will experience new horizons in life and they will most likely make you a better, stronger person. In tomorrow's election, may the best people win and may we emerge as a better, stronger nation.

Cheers

1 comment:

Ayesha97 said...

I'm also fond of "you can never go home." Not quite sure who said it, but there's a lot of truth to it. Goes along well with your quote about nothing ever stays the same.