Saturday, November 06, 2004

I'm laying here on my living room floor tonight watching an old episode of Three's Company and flipping through one of my quote books. The following quote struck me as being very true, and actually rather amusing (of course I'm functioning on 5 1/2 hours of sleep, so maybe that's why it amused me).

This comes from The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas:

"'As a general rule...people ask for advice only in order not to follow it; or if they do follow it, in order to have someone to blame for giving it.'" ~Athos~

Have you also discovered this to be true?

Cheers,

Juli

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Oh yes indeed- As a person who is paid, I am a psychotherapist, for supposed "advice" I can tell you I learned early on as an intern to not give advice at all! It is interesting to note though what clients say when you point this out to them after they ask for advice...
Keep blogging you have some great ideas...