Sunday, June 12, 2005

Finally, I have new quotes

I know it's been a long time since I've updated here. There are a couple of reasons I've not been around. For one thing, there have been many things going on in my life - job changes for my husband, new cars, and a crazy work schedule. Second of all, I was running out of quotes to choose from. Now that I've had a chance to do a bunch more reading, I've got more quotes to choose from. Hopefully this means I'll be updating more often.

I found the following quote in the book Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susannah Clarke. I don't have any profound thoughts to go along with it, just thought the author used beautiful language. So, here it is:

"She wore a gown the colour of storms, shadows, and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets."

Jonathan Strange is Susannah Clarke's first book and I hope she has another in the works because this one was a great book. Until next time, then...

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I noticed that you dropped my site from your Blog Explosion blogmarks.
I hope you visit again and give me a second chance.

Thanks!
http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom

Juli said...

I rarely check my blogexplosion blogmarks anymore, so your blog is bookmarked on my computer. You have a great blog and I enjoy keeping up with it.

Thanks for visiting my site too.